Web Hosting Whois Protect Policy
Web Hosting Whois Protect Policy
This policy is presented by 123 Simples, a UK based web design and hosting provider.
Domain Privacy solution for domain owners from 123 Simples. Due to the recent changes surrounding the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Whois Privacy is no longer needed for EU based registries and for customers that have registered their domains to an address within The European Economic Area (EEA) as private details are withheld from the Public Whois Database by default. The Whois Protect service is still available for supported domain registries outside the EU for those customers whose registration address is also outside of he European Economic Area (EEA).
From time to time, we (or our provisioning servers) may have to revise, change or update parts of the web hosting terms and conditions. Some areas of our web hosting terms and conditions are governed by our server provisions and therefore legally binding upon us, as well as our web hosting clients.
Where possible we work closely with our providers to ensure a stable hosting provision with limited changes.
Safeguarding your identity using whois protect
WHOIS Protect Service. The following terms and conditions will apply if you subscribe to the WHOIS Protect Service. This policy is governed by our supplier and therefore is legally binding upon us, as well as yourself.
1. Subscribers to the WHOIS Privacy Service have elected to include the following information in the publicly available WHOIS Registry:-
1.1. Whois-Protect.info shall appear as the Registrant and Contacts name(s);
1.2. Our suppliers postal address and an assigned email address from our supplier, and telephone number shall appear on behalf of the Registrant and the Contact(s);
1.3. The primary and secondary nameservers shall be those designated by the Registrant;
1.4. The original date of registration and the expiration of each domain name;
1.5. Our supplier will/may be identified as the registrar of record.
2. You understand and agree that the Domain Contact Information that you have provided will be kept on file. You further agree and warrant that you will ensure that the Domain Contact Information is true, accurate and up to date.
3. You will retain complete control over the domain name and its registration records and may suspend and reinstate the WHOIS Protect Service at your discretion.
4. The WHOIS Protect Service may be used with both new and existing domain names that have been registered through ourselves or our supplier. You may use the WHOIS Protect Service with respect to a domain name that has been transferred to ourselves but it will only commence after the transfer has been completed. If you wish to transfer the domain name to a different registrar, the WHOIS Protect Service MUST be disabled in order to initiate the transfer.
5. Communications Forwarding. Communications received with respect to a particular domain name registration will be handled as follows:-
5.1. Email correspondence will be forwarded to the Domain Contact at the digression of ourselves or our supplier.
5.2. We or our supplier will forward communications where our details have appeared in the WHOIS to your Domain Contact.
5.3. Postal mail will be discarded or returned to sender at the digression of ourselves or our supplier.
6. Right to Suspend and Disable. We, or our supplier, reserve the right, at our sole discretion and without liability to you or any of your Contacts, suspend or cancel your domain name and to reveal our Account Holder and Domain Contact Information in certain circumstances, including but not limited to the following:-
6.1. When required by law;
6.2. In the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to further determination of an alleged breach of a law;
6.3. To comply with a legal process served upon ourselves or our supplier;
6.4. To resolve any and all third party claims including but not limited to ICANN's or a Registry's dispute resolution policy;
6.5. To avoid financial loss or legal liability;
6.6. If we believe that you or one of your Contacts is using the WHOIS Protect Service to conceal involvement with illegal, illicit, objectionable or harmful activities;
6.7. To transmit SPAM, viruses, worms or other harmful computer programs.
7. You understand and agree that, in the event that we or our supplier receive a formal complaint, notice of claim or UDRP, that we or our supplier will have the right to disable the WHOIS Protect Service pending final disposition of the matter.
8. You agree that we or our supplier have the right to suspend, cancel or terminate your WHOIS Protect Service and/or terminate this Agreement at any time. In the event of this your details will be made available in the WHOIS Database.
Review of this Policy
123 Simples reserve the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of these 'Web Hosting Whois Protect Policy' at any time without notice.
Failure to receive notification of a change does not make those changes invalid.
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in August 2021.
This policy represents your web hosting agreement with 123 Simples, in addition to all emails exchanged between us and yourselves. Please retain your emails for future reference in the unlikely event of any dispute. This policy is in addition to our:
Web Hosting > General Terms & Conditions
Web Hosting > Payments Policy & Deposits
Web Hosting > Acceptable Use
Web Hosting > Anti-Spam Policy
Web Hosting > Domain Names Policy
Web Hosting > Whois Protect Policy
From time to time, we may have to revise the policies on our web hosting terms and conditions. Any changes or updates to these policies are normally minor and do not affect the overall agreement between both parties. However, please always make sure you do check back on this page regularly for updates.