Search Engine Optimization
Creating search engine friendly websites - simply organic
Search Engine Optimization. What is Search Engine Optimization? Do I need SEO? What can search engine optimization do for my site? These questions about search engine optimization are probably some of the most searched terms on the internet by business users. Also often referred to as SEO, it is a term that you will often hear and read about.
As a website owner, you probably will have received countless emails telling you how bad your site is doing, and how much they can help you improve your search ranking, or page rank status.
Without a doubt, Search Engine Optimization is big business, and costs can vary considerably from one company to the next. At 123 Simples we can provide Search Engine Optimization that not only works, but also follows guidelines laid down by Google, the most widely used search engine in the world.
We will look at your site in some detail, and see what can be improved, research the keywords and specific markets that already exist, namely your competitors. We will not use aggressive methods to help boost your site profile! If you are looking for that, then you should look at other Search Engine Optimization companies. We will charge you fairly for our SEO campaigns, so you can be confident that the service we will provide, will be affordable but still productive for your site.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Make your website more search engine friendly
Broadly speaking, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the ability to fine tune a website or webpages. By carrying out Search Engine Optimization you can make a website naturally attract more visitors, which in turn leads to more active sales or work. Search Engine Optimization also makes your website more search engine friendly, and helps each page within that site, realise its maximum potential.
At 123 Simples we use this internet marketing strategy to boost your sites profile in search criteria in an professional way, adhering to Google Webmaster guidelines and the widely accepted SEO Code of Ethics. If you want to contact us about Search Engine Optimization, and find out how much it will cost, then please get in touch for a no obligation price.
Search Engine Optimization from 123 Simples
Search Engine Optimization works, but here are some frequently asked questions to help you best decide, and make an informed decision about which SEO you might use, and if you choose us, what we would need to do as well.
Search Engine Optimization Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Will you need access to my site via FTP?
- A. Yes we will require access to your webfiles using FTP. It will be impossible to optimize the site without this access, and if any SEO tells you that they do not need FTP access, then it will be better for you to look elsewhere. If you decide to use our services, then we always make a backup of your site before we do anything! The backup is retained safely on our systems, but we do advise our customers to make their own frequent backups as a matter of course.
- 2. How long will it take you to complete the optimization?
- A. If you mean, how long will it take us to go through your site, and optimize the pages for better search engine results, then that would depend on how many pages we need to work on. As a guide, a small / medium site with up about 15 or 20 pages, would normally be completed within a week, maybe two. Remember however that this is just the on site optimization. There is much more that we can offer you, and optimizing a site is not something that you can do overnight. The whole process is in actual fact on-going if you really want to get the best from your SEO company.
- 3. Once my site is optimized, how long will it take to see some improvement on search results?
- A. The timescale will depend on many factors, such as how much work do we have to do in the first place, how often search spiders then re-crawl your site, the kind of content that the site has on it, and the list could go on. Also, the older the website, generally the better it will do as well. We cannot tell you exactly how long it will take for these search engine optimization improvements to kick in, but we do monitor the site carefully and make sure that we have done our best to increase your chances in your website climbing in search results.
- 4. How do you optimize my site?
- A. On site website optimization is all done by hand. We download all of your current site files, and then look at each web page as it is now. We also check the competition that your particular business has, and compare similar sites to your own. Page by page of your site is checked, optimized and then re-uploaded to your servers. Please contact us to discuss the types of SEO Packages on offer.
- 5. Once my site is optimized, will that make it better?
- A. Yes and NO. Having a website is only part of any business or service that you are offering. Whilst 123 Simples can optimize your site so it makes it much more search engine friendly and accessible, there is other stuff that you need to do yourself to make your business work. A common misconception is that having a website means that you have a business - this is wrong! A website is a complementary way of promoting your business to a wider audience than conventional advertising methods would normally allow. When we are asked by you to perform SEO services on your website, we will send you as part of the package, help and advice on how to play your part too in the promotion of your own business.
Here are some points to watch out for, if you have been contacted by a SEO company claiming to work a miracle for you:
We can guarantee you number one position on Google search because we have a special relationship with Google!
WRONG! There is no priority submission, or special relationship with Google. We will submit your site to Google search, but you can also do this yourself at no cost whatsoever.
We charge more because that makes us better
Not necessarily true - just because someone charges you more does not mean that they offer a better service. Perhaps they have higher overheads, or maybe they plan to put your site in a pay-per-click, or pay-for-inclusion, putting your site in the paid for advertising section of Google. We look at ways of actually increasing your actual organic search results.
In This Section
You May Also Like
- Our News Blog
Latest news and developments from 123 Simples
- Website Forums
Public Support Forums offer help and advice covering a wide array of different topics and discussions
- General Articles
Our public article database contains general information about web hosting, web design, email accounts and so forth
- About Us
123 Simples are a UK based independent web design company. We offer web design services, search engine optimization, website tune-ups, graphics, logos and web hosting