123 Simples Forums - Local business community forums for business and web development.

Contact Us
123 Simples Forums
  1. You are here:
  2. Community Forums Home >
  3. 123 Simples Community Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 123 Simples Public Support Forums offer help and advice covering a wide array of different topics and discussions. This forum does not provide any official support for web hosting or web design customers. For technical and dedicated support please login to the Customerzone Client Area.

To participate in this public forum you will need to register first. Registration is free! Click Here to register a user account on our online forums at www.123simples.com

Our Computers and Software Section features help, suggestions and useful tips. But please do read this topic which explains a little more!

Windows 7 says that my software is NOT genuine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
123Simples View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 7 says that my software is NOT genuine
    Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 8:31pm
If you have got a computer which is saying that Windows 7 is not genuine, but you believe that it should be, then there are ways of checking to make sure:

1. Go to the START GLOBE (bottom left corner)
In the search box type - slui.exe

This should check the validation, and if your copy is genuine, then it should let you know

If that fails, go to:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/

and then follow the instructions from there

You should have a Windows Genuine Sticker on the outside of the PC Case, or in the information pack, or inside the PC Unit itself, if you did not receive Windows 7 on a disc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic