123 Simples Web Design Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Web Hosting Solutions > Hosting Services Pre-Sales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 123 Simples Public Support Forums offer help and advice covering a wide array of different topics and discussions. This forum does not provide any official support for web hosting or web design customers. For technical and dedicated support please login to the Customerzone Client Area.

To participate in this public forum you will need to register first. Registration is free! Click Here to register a user account on our online forums at www.123simples.com

Our Computers and Software Section features help, suggestions and useful tips. But please do read this topic which explains a little more!

Should i use .com or .co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Staff
Staff
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should i use .com or .co.uk
    Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 7:38am
Should I use .co.uk or .com domain name for my website?
One of the most common questions we get asked about when clients ask us to register domain names, is which is the best extension to place a website on - .co.uk or .com?

The choice is of course down to you, but the best way of answering the question is to ask yourself if your website is targeted for a UK audience only. If the answer is yes then it would be reasonable to use a .co.uk for your website. With over 10 million .co.uk domains on the Nominet Registrar, the annual growth rate is 7.84% which still shows a high demand for .co.uk extensions. Source: Nominet
If companies and small businesses are still buying .co.uk domains, then there must be a good reason for them to do this. It is also more than likely that UK users prefer using .co.uk addresses.

If your target audience is global rather than just the UK, then use a .com (dot com) domain

In most cases we always tend to recommend buying both extensions if they are available, even if you intend on just using the .co.uk, you would not really then want someone else buying the .com version of your domain name, and trying to "steal" your brand and identity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic