123 Simples Web Design Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Software Modifications and Custom Themes > Web Wiz Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 123 Simples Public Support Forums offer help and advice covering a wide array of different topics and discussions. This forum does not provide any official support for web hosting or web design customers. For technical and dedicated support please login to the Customerzone Client Area.

To participate in this public forum you will need to register first. Registration is free! Click Here to register a user account on our online forums at www.123simples.com

Our Computers and Software Section features help, suggestions and useful tips. But please do read this topic which explains a little more!

Newspad - Import from a CSV file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Staff
Staff
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newspad - Import from a CSV file
    Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 7:40pm
Sad as they may sound, one of the reasons why I have never really used Newspad, is trying to understand the software and how it works. One of the issues I had was actually trying to work out how to import members using a CSV or txt file. Now I've managed to achieve that, I'd like to share what I did so others can find it a bit easier.

Whether or not my actual method is the easiest option, I cannot say - I'm not that smart, but here it goes:

Step 1:
Open up notepad and for example type:
Fictional Name,fictional@someaddress.com
New Character,newcharacter@another.co.uk
Simply Sally,simplesally@hotmail-pretend.com

And so forth. Leave no spaces on each line, but obviously drop down a line to enter the new real name, and then their email address. If you are quick on clicking mouse buttons, you can copy and paste into the Notepad document.
When you have finished, File - Save As, and save as again for example names.csv

You have now created the CSV file

Step 2:
Copy this file to your csv_import FOLDER inside newspad directory, and upload

Step 3:
Choose Import Tools, and then Import Subscribers from CSV or Text File and you will see a blank box but I've already filled in what I did, just so you can know what to do:

Make sure you select All Categories if you want these people to receive your email newsletters, and then hit Import
Give it a few seconds, or minutes, and then you should have a new list of Subscribers. If you make an error, then just delete the Subscribers you have, and start again. It may not be the easiest way, but it works, and as a final tip, for extra security and peace of mind, I then deleted the uploaded csv file from the csv_import FOLDER on the server, as this information is now stored in the newspad database
HaleyFredy View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaleyFredy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 8:54am
that's great

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic