123 Simples Forums - Local business community forums for business and web development.

Contact Us
123 Simples Forums
  1. You are here:
  2. Community Forums Home >
  3. 123 Simples Community Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 123 Simples Public Support Forums offer help and advice covering a wide array of different topics and discussions. This forum does not provide any official support for web hosting or web design customers. For technical and dedicated support please login to the Customerzone Client Area.

To participate in this public forum you will need to register first. Registration is free! Click Here to register a user account on our online forums at www.123simples.com

Our Computers and Software Section features help, suggestions and useful tips. But please do read this topic which explains a little more!

I cannot update Microsoft Money 2005

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scott-P View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott-P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I cannot update Microsoft Money 2005
    Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 7:38pm
I cannot update Microsoft Money 2005

If like most people, you have bought and purchased a copy of Microsoft Money 2005, you will have noticed that you may be unable to run a software update. You can however create a self contained installation of Money 2055 which contains the 1105 patch. In order to do this, you will need the Money 2005 CD and a version of Money which has been installed and successfully patched (which is the same regional version).

Step 1: Create a folder in which to create the new setup source. For example, create a 'Money2005Update' folder on the desktop.
Step 2: Show hidden files on your computer by navigating in Windows Explorer to Tool->Folder Options->View and select both the 'Show hidden files and folders' and also untick 'Hide protected operating system files" option and then press OK (instructions for non-Windows XP may vary slightly here).
Step 3: Copy the files from Money2005 CD to the folder you created in Step 1.
Step 4: Copy the entire contents of the MnyCoreFiles folder from an updated installation of Money (you will find this folder in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005). You may see folders called MnyCoreFiles.NEW and/or MnyCoreFiles.BAK - these can be ignored.

The files from the MNYCoreFiles folder should be pasted into the 'money' sub folder of the folder created above (i.e. Money2005Update\money).
Replace the files when prompted

Step 5: When completed, the contents of the Money2005Update folder now contains an installation of the Money 2005 program with the patch integrated into it.

Finalisation: You'll need to burn a CD with this folder on it. When you need to reinstall, you can do so from this new CD without relying on the Microsoft servers to deliver you the 1105 patch update.

Important: This method should ONLY be used for your personal use - running this for a third party would most likely be a breach of the terms of your license to use Money, and is possibly illegal. The aim is to allow those who legitimately own Money to continue to use their Money file.
Scott - 123 Simples Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic